This is why



Today we are the proud owners of a new ( to us ) Toyota Sienna. Otherwise known as the 'Swagger Wagon'


(For those of you who don't know.)

With baby boy #3 we knew that our tiny compact car was no longer going to fit all of us at the same time and figured it was time to take the plunge into a minivan.


Hyrum wanted the doors that open by themselves. That was his only requirement and when we went looking at cars that was the first thing he told any salesman. Then he was completely sold as soon as he saw that it had the doors and got inside. The whole time we test drove any car he just kept saying "I love this car! I think we should buy this car! Let's take this guy back and drive this car home! Let's buy this car! This car is sooo cool!" The whole way and with every car we drove. He was an easy sell. It wasn't long before Noah would join in with "I love it! I love it! Love car! Buy car!"


We were a little more discerning. I did have a hard fast requirement of a place to put my sunglasses because I always seem to break them. They always find a way under my feet in the car. We both of course wanted a good solid reliable car. And Derek wanted it to be white.


We are all extremely happy with the new car!


Although going from a compact car to a minivan was a bigger jump than I was prepared for.


I used to be able to slip inbetween the stairs and the old car to get to the freezer in the corner, even pregnant...that is no longer an option.


And slipping behind the car is a little harder too.


Less space between the cars as well. We used to have equal space from the middle. Not so much anymore.


I feel like I'm hauling out the bus when I drive it. But it is SOOOO nice to have the extra space. AND room to grow. ( eight seats to be exact ) It feels like such luxury. It has a back up camera, a place to hook up an ipod, six sets of six radio presets, it tells us what our current fuel economy is, what our average fuel economy is, how many approximate miles we have till empty, the temperature outside and we can sync up the phone to the car ( probably Derek's favorite feature).

It's a nicer car than we EVER thought we'd be able to get.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Brei said...

    LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!! I'd never seen it before, but I'm pretty sure you and Derek could pull off a remake. :) Congrats on the minivan! The extra room is nice!!

  1. ... on March 11, 2012 at 2:16 PM  
  2. Laurie said...

    Congratulations! Looks perfect for your family, and you certainly are deserving of such nice wheels. Room to grow :)

  3. ... on March 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM  
  4. Gabrielle said...

    We love our Sienna! And I have gotten so spoiled with all the extra room:)

  5. ... on March 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM  
  6. Harrisons said...

    So pretty! Way to go!!1

  7. ... on March 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM  
  8. Pam said...

    You guys are officially COOL!

  9. ... on March 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM