The Avery's couldn't get enough of family reunions either and came out at the beginning of August for another one, this time for Nathan's side. But we couldn't get enough Averys so we snuck in a day together in SLC.


The boys picked up right where they left off in Michigan


We hit temple square first


Then we made our way into visitors centers where we cooled off and got some snuggles


watched some of the video presentations (do you notice neither of them are watching the screen above them)


Or played with electronics instead ( which is of course what they were doing in the previous picture)


But there were wild rides for others.


Then we walked to City Creek Center and took in some reading


And cooled off at the splash pad


If you look closely you can see that the water has just finished landing on Noah's head in this picture. They were completely soaked by the end.


All too soon we were off to lunch and then on home. And they were off to the wedding of Nathan's sister. While we were at lunch Hyrum needed to use the bathroom so I was taking him and he insisted on going in the men's bathroom.  I protested but he insisted saying that he could do it by himself and he went in.  I stood at the door hopeless and a little panicked knowing that anybody could be in there but shortly he came out saying that the guy was taking too long and we went in the women's bathroom.  After we came out I walked up to my sister who was in a daze.  I asked her what it was and she said that a man had walked out of the bathroom and asked her how to use his phone she told him she didn't know how.  He mentioned something about just getting out of prison.  He had just walked out of the bathroom my 5 year old son had gone into without me.  Which got me thinking. First of all how grateful I was that Hyrum came out of that bathroom safe. And second...at some point he won't be able to go into the women's bathroom with me and Derek is not often around when we are out and about. What will I do then?  My sister told me that a friend of hers makes her son whistle or hum the entire time he's in the bathroom with out her and if he stops she goes in.  I can TOTALLY get on board with that. That is my plan for the future.  I don't particularly care what I see.

It's always so good to see the Avery's. We can't wait till next time!




This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: