There is a little local newspaper that comes by every other week that we have really liked. We're in no man's land Springville ( remember we're living in the wild wild west) and didn't feel connected to Springville or the other two cities that are minutes away. But when this little paper came it talked about the goings on in all three cities. It made us feel connected to all of them. We ( ok more me) loved reading it and especially the gardening section. The paper was turning one on Derek's birthday and they were giving away prizes in celebration. All you had to do was email the lady telling her what you'd be interested and you were entered. I was fairly sure that we had a good chance of winning since there were probably not very many people that enjoy it and read it as much as I do so I entered. I also wrote some glowing complements of the paper and thanked the advertisers for supporting the paper ( and making it FREE) and letting us know what businesses are in the area. About 45 minutes later I get an email from the editor asking to use my comments in the paper. I laughed and said sure, thinking that they were collecting a lot of glowing comments about the paper and publishing them on their year anniversary. I was sure that my comments would be lost in a sea of other comments. When the paper came I saw this...
Yeah that bottom half of the page...That's ALL ME!!

I laughed so hard! I have to say that I was a little embarrassed. But we won movie tickets too. :)

When we got The Foothill Breeze again this week I discovered that THEY PRINTED IT AGAIN!! Oh my!


This entry was posted on Friday, July 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Brei said...

    Anything for a free date, huh Sunny? :) Maybe you should frame it and then continue a career in glowing comments to other papers to see just how many you can get published in (there are 2 by our house!) See you in a few days!

  1. ... on July 18, 2009 at 7:56 AM  
  2. Nikki said...

    HA!!! That's hilarious. :) Well done Sun. Looks like you are a part of their regular advertising now. I think you should have gotten more than movie tickets for helping them out. :) Atleast a pair of movie tickets fro each week they use your words!

    :) Well done.

  3. ... on July 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM  
  4. Sunny said...

    That's what I'm starting to think. Of course it's a FREE local newspaper...not really rolling in the dough. :) I didn't even get the movie tickets for the comments...it was for the contest. :) But I'm sure the comments didn't hurt.:)

  5. ... on July 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
  6. Melony said...

    Awesome! I have to say I am slightly jealous though as getting published is about all I think about right now! Someday for me, maybe but for you - Go Sunny! :)

  7. ... on July 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM