Last Friday was the gallery opening night for my friend Cristall's Tulip series.

So we dressed up (a little) and headed to the gallery in Provo. It was so fun to be there opening night with the refined excitement and beautiful artwork. It is really a different experience to see artwork in person. There are so many more nuances that can't be captured in pictures. I've been following her art blog for almost two years and it was fun to see some of the work that I was so familiar with in living color.

When we first got to the gallery there were a lot of people from our old ward there to support her. I think it overwelmed them a little. But it was fun to see so many old friends.

One reason for wanting to see the show was a particular piece she'd done. It is entitled "Sunny" And of course I had to get a picture beside it.

And Cristall stood for a picture beside it with me too. I'm telling you this is all going to be worth something someday.

Here's a taste of the show.

Cristall and her hubby Matt working the room. :) They are such a power couple. Amazing people!

At one point in the evening Hyrum chose the woman of the hour as his best friend and wouldn't leave her side. In fact he insisted that she follow him where ever he wanted her to go.

Yeah he's that kind of friend right now. The one who drags his friend around. But thankfully he's nice about it...most of the time. Cristall was so sweet to indulge him. He just loves her.


In this picture he was taking Cristall outside to the show that HE was interested in. The skateboarding and bike trick show that was happening just down the street.

Refinement may take a bit with this one. He doesn't have to like art but he will have to appreciate it. Someday. :)


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    The Dalton's said...

    I love tulips!! And that artwork is gorgeous!!

  1. ... on September 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM  
  2. Pam said...

    I am so proud you have such talented friends. I love the artwork and especially "Sunny". Congrats for Cristall.

  3. ... on September 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM  
  4. Holly said...

    Beautiful!! I remember you showing me some of her work before. So great that she was able to have a show. Did you buy "Sunny"? I mean, you must have thousands laying around with two big trips and a brand new home this year!! :)

    Love Hyrum...

  5. ... on September 16, 2009 at 7:50 AM  
  6. Dave said...

    I love Cristall's work, and I appreciate that she appreciates our work =)
    I'm pleased to have met your friend (it has inspired me to paint again) and that you know a real producing artist :) (someday I'll get there, I think.)

  7. ... on September 18, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
  8. Unknown said...

    Yay! Thanks for posting the show so well. You're a gem. I'm so glad you and your family were able to come to my opening night, and I would love a copy of the picture of us with "Sunny."
    :)
    Thanks again chica.

  9. ... on September 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM