We had Hyrum's first day of preschool today. It's just with me and three other mom's in the neighborhood and just for an hour and a half two times a week but I was so thunder struck that my baby was starting school. I saw his life pass before my eyes in a flash. It was the beginning of letting him go. I did not see that coming. Hyrum wasn't really very excited about it because I don't think he has any concept of what school is. But I posed him in front of the door with his back pack and snapped some crazy pictures anyway.


The door is leaning this way in this picture and


That way in this one.

My world was spinning. Not only was it Hyrum's first day of preschool but mine too. I'm teaching it this week.

I was SOOOO nervous. But it turned out great. (other than Hyrum being a stinker much of the time) We had fun and the kids loved the letter crackers. We flew like Airplanes crawled like Ants chomped like Alligators and bounced like Astronauts. Hyrum continued to play the "AHHHHH!!" "A" game I thought up for the rest of the night.


I'd printed letter "A's" and taped them up on the walls around the house and when they found them they were to bring them to me saying ( or screaming ) "AHHHHH!" Which of course is what "A" says. I think this year will be fun but I am EXHAUSTED! Teachers don't get paid enough.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    I am so glad that everything went well for you.

  1. ... on September 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
  2. Harrisons said...

    Cute ideas! I love the gathering of the letters and have them bringing them to you with the sound. I may steal that idea. What a fun teacher you are! And just wait until you are not teaching and you discover your new found freedom!!!

  3. ... on September 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM  
  4. Pam said...

    I bet the 1st day of preschool when you are not the teacher, you will spend the time peaking in the windows to see how he's doing. The 2nd day is when you wake up to the freedom. :)

  5. ... on September 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    I agree with mom :)

    Such a cute little guy. Sounds like you did an awesome class!

  7. ... on September 14, 2010 at 11:33 PM