This post is nearly 7 months in the making. Ever since Noah was born I've been documenting my boys relationship. Maybe it's because I love my sisters so much but I've wanted my boys to be friends and it warms my heart to see them loving each other.

It all began with a kick. That's when Hyrum discovered that life was going to get more interesting soon.

Then came the day when they met


And a big brother was born

Then Noah came home


And Hyrum found out a little about what it meant to be a big brother. It means you hold your little brothers...


And little brothers hold your finger

(Would you look at Hyrum's face...connection.)

It means you give them hugs...


and sing to them

( That would be...
"Baby mine don't you cry...
rest your heart
close to my eyes
Never to part
baby of mine")

and share your toys with them


and be silly together


and watch out for your brother


But Noah also learned a little about big brothers. That big brothers are a little crazy.

( this needs a bit of explanation...the first picture I was just taking a picture of Noah smiling...just as I snapped the picture Hyrum jumped in and the second picture taken a few seconds later shows Noah's reaction )

And big brothers do things that you sometimes don't understand


But big brothers also protect you.


When they are at a safe distance they can make you smile. ( No I don't know why Hyrum is half naked)


They are way too excited to give you things that you don't want.


But sometimes, just sometimes they come up with some really fun games.

And when you pay attention they do amazing things.( Again no idea why Hyrum is naked)


And they hook you up with delicious treats your parents won't let you have.

Noah started to like having a big brother.

(I promise you he can breathe and is smiling)


Of course they both love having the dad that they do.

As much as Hyrum regularly tells me he wants to throw ME in the garbage he's never said that he wants to throw Noah in the garbage or anything of the sort. In fact Hyrum always reminds me not to forget Baby Noah and when Noah is another room he says"Come on Momma, Baby Noah is often alone!" (thank's to "The Giving Tree") They are friends and they love being brothers.

I can't wait to see how these boys interact in the coming years. I'm sure Hyrum will teach Noah all kinds of things. For better or for worse. But they are brothers and that's what brothers do.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Harrisons said...

    This is so very sweet and tender. You need to put it into a shutterfly book so they'll always have it.

  1. ... on September 15, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
  2. Laurie said...

    Precious! Can't wait to meet Noah and Hyrum as a big brother!

  3. ... on September 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
  4. Pam said...

    I am so glad you put this together to let us enjoy these sweet brothers. Enjoy these times.

  5. ... on September 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM  
  6. Dave said...

    You girls weren't always good friends, but most of the time, and clearly and thankfully you all are now... and so it will probably go with the boys.

  7. ... on September 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM