**WARNING: Naked pregnant belly pictures**

So anyone who knows Hyrum knows that he is a skin fan and specifically a belly button skin fan (and the mole on my shoulder). It's his comfort when he sucks his thumb.
We've put onsies on him in the hopes of curbing this tendancy but he'll just go under the onsie through the leg and get his belly button anyway.

One morning we were in bed waking up slow and my shirt had worked itself over my belly in the night and Hyrum noticed. I decided it would be a good chance for him to get to know his brother and had him put his hand on my belly ( the baby was really active ) He put his hand on my belly button ( which of course is sticking out right now ) And I said. "Ok baby, kick Hyrum" And immediately he kicked. So ever since then Hyrum has understood there's a baby in momma's belly and has been fascinated with it. And almost every morning he'll come in and say "Baby, kick Hyrum!" and put his hand on my belly. If he doesn't kick he'll say "Baby, sleepy!" I'm sure it doesn't hurt at all that it's the belly we're talking about but he loves to give it kisses

And snuggles
and drinks
But sometimes when he doesn't think I'm looking I think he just likes to play with my belly button. It's a comfort thing...I get it.
He was further excited when I suggested he could help Dad put the baby's bed together. Hyrum had gotten a tool belt and play tools for Christmas ( as had Derek-except his weren't toys of course)
Ever since he put it together. Randomly he'd say "Momma, I have to show you something! I have to show you something!" And run into our room where he would hold out his hand to the bed.

This morning he was snuggling the baby and I was explaining that at the end of the week momma will go to the hospital and the baby will come then I said "Hyrum when the baby gets here he's going to hold on to your little finger." He was really excited about that. In Hyrum's mind this just kept getting better and better. Hopefully he is as excited when his brother actually gets here.


This entry was posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Harrisons said...

    That's really very sweet! What a cute post.

  1. ... on February 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM  
  2. Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    How cute! I can't wait to see what Hyrum thinks of the real thing.

  3. ... on February 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM  
  4. Nikki said...

    so so cute. :) glad you got this post done before Noah's arrival- priceless.

  5. ... on February 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM