Hyrum and Noah have found a new game to play with Dad. They ( or at least Hyrum) call it "Jump". It probably started last summer.

During the time Derek was home from church between meetings I heard giggling in the other room.


Of course Noah couldn't be left out


Probably not the BEST Sunday activity but for goodness sake we have boys, and we're working on finding better Sunday activities. Any suggestions?

Noah doesn't say much but he absolutely knows how to communicate his desire for "jumping" which has evolved as he's gotten bigger.


He will just bounce until you throw him and then comes the big smile...and more bouncing.

They now take turns doing their "jumps" ( which of course as you can see is not jumping at all...it's throwing)


The other night they were "jumping" and I was hearing Hyrum talk about different kinds of jumps. I got a few action shots


The snowboard


The walking man

I've got some adrenaline junkies on my hands for sure.



This entry was posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    I don't think it is just boys. My girls like to do that too. They call it "boing." Maybe that is why Addy and Hyrum are such good friends.

  1. ... on February 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM  
  2. Gabrielle said...

    I am getting together a Sunday dress up box with stuff for acting out scripture stories. I am little nervous because it doesn't seem very reverent, but I think it will work with the young, active kids. I will let you know how it works out:)

  3. ... on February 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM  
  4. Sunny said...

    Gabrielle, They do it in Primary all the time. I don't think it's too irreverent. Plus that is one thing that I don't feel bad about doing on Sunday. Hyrum loves to act out Samuel the Lamanite and stand on the wall crying repentance while we throw arrows at him ( and of course we can't hit him "for a man of God is he") He loves that story. It's probably his favorite and it all started with acting it out.

  5. ... on February 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM  
  6. Brei said...

    My dad used to have us in wrestling matches with each other whenever he was home on Sundays. I think it's great! In my opinion, whatever time they can get with daddy should be spent doing whatever they want, especially while they're little and want to play with him, especially on Sundays! Besides, it's all still family time, right? :)

  7. ... on February 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM