Last Friday was the day that Hyrum was waiting for for a long time. He couldn't wait to see the baby. He was CONVINCED that it was a girl. When I asked him why he thought it was a girl he said "Because we don't have one yet" Sounded like a good enough reason to me. I'd long since given up on trying to guess what gender the baby was. I went back and forth. As we drove to the doctors Derek asked Hyrum what would happen if it was a boy. He was quickly informed that the baby was a girl.

We went in for the ultrasound and Hyrum was fascinated by the little feet and legs. He thought it was really cool to watch the little heart beat and was confused by the skeletal face. He laughed at the baby doing somersaults

Do you see what's going on in this picture? I've never seen this in an ultrasound.

Then the tech told us that it was a boy. Hyrum was so mad. He moped through the rest of the ultrasound. As we left to go to my appointment Derek tried to convince him that another boy was a good thing by telling him that he, Noah and the new baby could be "The Three Musketeers" and have swords. That didn't work immediately.

After my appointment we were walking out and Hyrum stopped dead in his tracks and said "WAIT! Where's the baby!?" He thought we were taking the baby home today and it's a good thing he didn't want to leave him there. :)

Telling my family was pretty scary as well since everyone was really hoping for a girl. My mom even sent me a pink giraffe to take to the ultrasound for good luck. What's funny is that my parents were in a theater watching the movie The Three Musketeers when we called. Funny!

So we remain the boy factory. We can't decide if that means we're just really good at it or we haven't gotten it right yet. I have to say that when we were starting our family I really thought we'd have a lot of boys. Now for where we're going to put his clothes and how we'll get him around with the whole family.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Laurie said...

    You and Derek are perfect parents for boys - they are so lucky! Congratulations, and best wishes for a healthy, happy little one!

  1. ... on December 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM  
  2. Gabrielle said...

    Congrats!

  3. ... on December 12, 2011 at 10:01 AM  
  4. Jenn J. said...

    Sunny!! I have no idea how I didn't see this post until today, and even more, I have no idea how I didn't even know you were PREGNANT! CONGRATULATIONS!! You'll be the fair maiden in a house full of handsome boys. You guys make very cute, little boys and this baby will be no different. What a lucky baby. When are you due? We are very excited for you guys. Congratulations, again!

  5. ... on December 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM