As the days got closer to when Elijah would make his appearance Hyrum was getting so excited. But Noah who had been so cute about the coming baby kissing my belly and saying "I love you, baby" all the time seemed to take an indifferent stance. He used to insist on his babies sleeping with him. Putting them on the pillow pet beside him. But as the days got closer I would ask him if he loved the baby and he'd say "Uuum, no" Once when he said it Hyrum was nearby and replied emphatically "But wait till you see him!" I began to get nervous about how Noah would react to this third wheel. This newcomer.

They weren't able to com to the hospital to see him until Saturday ( when we left ) because they were fighting runny noses and coughs but Saturday they were doing a lot better. I wish I'd known exactly when they were coming so that I could have had a video camera or at least a still camera to capture each of their first reactions to seeing him.

I was lucky enough to get Hyrum's reaction because the look on his face didn't change for probably 5 minutes. He was SOOOOOO very excited.


We dressed him in the Spider-man onsie that my good friend had gotten him knowing my boys affinity for Spider-man and all things super hero. ( and Star Wars but Derek thought it a little much to dress him in a Star Wars shirt to go home seeing his names connection to the popular movie)

Noah's reaction was quite a bit more subtle, but he shared Hyrum's amazement if not excitement. (This picture doesn't really capture his reaction but it was the closest I could find to it)


After a few minutes I knew everything would be alright. The boys LOVE Elijah or "baby Eli" as he's most often referred to in the house. They can't give him enough kisses.



Noah found something else he loved at the hospital


the "transformer bed"

On the way home Noah said "Take baby home...my house....yup...that's right" Hyrum was itching to take him home as soon as they got to the hospital.

They are always clamoring to see him. Hyrum is always saying "I want to see that cute baby!" I'm kind of shocked it took a whole day for Hyrum to ask to hold him. But immediately Elijah sneezed on him and he wasn't so excited to hold him anymore ( for the rest of the day anyway). So we didn't get a picture of the first time Hyrum held Eli but we got a picture of the second.


And of course Noah could NOT be left out of that action.


I love that my boys are friends.




This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Pam said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. ... on April 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM  
  2. Pam said...

    Sorry,had a typo. This is a great post, Sunny! Can't wait to get there and play with the boys (and you guys, too).

  3. ... on April 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM  
  4. The Dalton's said...

    I love Hyrum's expression, that was fantastic!! Such a cute family!

  5. ... on April 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    love those boys! couldn't get over how OLD Noah looks now!!

  7. ... on May 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM