My neighbor is a domestic goddess. She has a family of 9 and keeps them fed with homemade and canned salsa all year. She planted over 70 tomato plants this year and her backyard looks like a mini farm. So when tomato harvest came me and my artist friend and budding domestic goddess in her own rite decided to invade my neighbors house for her to give us a refresher course in tomato canning. It was so fun to stand in the kitchen all together and chat while we worked.

We each brought our own tomatoes and helped each other can them. We even helped my neighbor can a batch of salsa.
What I didn't expect was that it went SOO fast when we were working all together and talking as we worked. It was seriously so fun. I took a picture of us all together but I've decided that I'm just not good at all at taking these kinds of pictures. So don't look to carefully because I look a little psycho. My fellow canners look fabulous though!
The finished product!!! Ta DAHHH!
See ya next year!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

    Nikki said...

    probably more fun doing that with friends instead of all alone in the middle of the night like me, huh? :)

  1. ... on September 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM  
  2. Holly said...

    Wooot Woot!! :) I love canning (well, the finished product anyway! :) Now make some spaghetti sauce...

  3. ... on September 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM  
  4. Dave said...

    Nice job, girls.
    Even I made some salsa the other night. Turned out pretty well, if I say so myself.

  5. ... on September 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM  
  6. Unknown said...

    Oh my goodness, you don't look psycho. You're a peach! That really was fun. We ought to do that every year! What are we going to can next? Canning *is* way better with friends.

    I agree... Sister Nay is THE domestic goddess. I wish I could download her brain into mine...she knows how to do everything.

  7. ... on September 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
  8. Three Men and a Janie said...

    That same "domestic goddess" neighbor gave me my first crash course in canning too! (She showed me how to do pickles) She rocks! Now I'm a bit canning crazed - I'm in the middle of 65 bottles of peaches, and I just finished a batch of salsa and also tomatoes. Just think Sunny, your sucked in now - there's no turning back!! :)

  9. ... on September 16, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
  10. Sunny said...

    Ooo Cristall! Let's do PEACHES next! Also I found a u-pick place in Mapleton to pick raspberries anyone want to go with us on Saturday?

  11. ... on September 17, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
  12. Harrisons said...

    Hey, where's the newest post on mariachi music? LOL

  13. ... on September 21, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
  14. Nikki said...

    I did another 4 quarts tonight!

  15. ... on September 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM  
  16. Sunny said...

    No Mariachi post...sadly I didn't have my camera. :(

  17. ... on September 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM