Hyrum is growing up before my eyes. It's exciting and sad all at the same time. The other day I needed Hyrum to be tired out so we walked down to the park at the corner and let him play on the play ground. We'd been there before and I coaxed him here and coaxed him there and encouraged him down the slide with outstretched hands. Sometimes he'd only consent to it if he was on my lap. I brought my camera to capture his adventures and got more than I bargained for.



This may not seem big to you but he's never gotten off a slide without me helping because I've always been there at the bottom lifting him off . Then he did this...

Yes he climbed up that all by himself. I put a hand on him a few times just for my own sanity but he's perfectly capable of climbing up all by himself.



I'd gone to grab my camera because he was WALKING up the stairs to the big slide instead of crawling and I figured he'd wait for me to get back to go...not so.

Of course the joy is in the journey too. On our way to the park he stopped to smell the neighbors flowers.

And on the way home he insisted on dragging my jacket home. I have no idea why but it reminded me a little of Linus from the Peanuts.


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Nikki said...

    He is growing up so fast. So cute. So smart. So capable. No more babies at your place. Time for a new baby?
    Hey, how's the house hunt?

  1. ... on September 29, 2008 at 12:13 AM  
  2. Stacy and Mike said...

    I totally remember that "happy/sad" day with Ty when he suddenly didn't need my help on the playground...bittersweet...

  3. ... on September 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM  
  4. Kendall and Melissa said...

    Wow!! Reading that post made me super homesick for AF! I love taking my kids to all the parks around there. Here a "close" park is like a 5 minute drive. So we don't just go when we have a few minutes. He's so grown up! Guess it's time for another one! ;)

  5. ... on September 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
  6. Globe Trotters said...

    aww Sunny- your little man is a cutie pie. I want him :)

  7. ... on September 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
  8. Holly said...

    SWEET HYRUM!! I just want to squeeze him, and the great thing is, I know he would let me! :) I miss him and you old people too. Have another one, Sun. Just for kicks and giggles. Oh, and have a girl and name her Holly too! What FUN!! :)

  9. ... on October 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
  10. Dave said...

    So the little guy likes flowers... I wonder if he's related to my daughter. : )

  11. ... on October 2, 2008 at 8:40 PM