The boxes that got me thinking!

This year I've just wanted to decorate for fall like it's 1799! I want corn stalks, indian corn, pumpkins and whatever...All homegrown. I don't know if you would call it country, old school or just quaint but I'm all about it this year. Maybe it's because I had a garden this year...



Close up of the corn

I thought it was cute to have three little indian corn and three little pumpkins. Not only is it better design wise but it could represent the three of us. Fun and festive! I have to hand it to my muse in this endeavor. My darling artist, domestic goddess, garden fairy, and Harley honey friend Cristall. :)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Dave said...

    If you're referring to the use of three elements in your design considerations and symbolism as coming from your friend, Cristall... you may not remember that they are also things your father taught you some years ago. =) (good job, Cristall)
    Good Concept. Nice look! I approve.

  1. ... on October 1, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
  2. Sunny said...

    Actually Dad the three elements in design came from my floral design class though I have no doubt that you taught me all that and more if not in word by merely watching. I like to think I was born with some artistic instinct but that really remains to be seen. Cristall was merely the inspiration ( by virtue of her adorable display of gourd boxes ) to want to have homegrown harvest decor! :) Love you dad!

  3. ... on October 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
  4. Dave said...

    : )

  5. ... on October 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    Very Sunny- homegrown and all. :)
    Very cute!! Can't wait to see what you guys are doing for Halloween.

  7. ... on October 3, 2008 at 12:04 AM  
  8. Globe Trotters said...

    oh- I like the corn on the door idea. I am going to have to do this myself :) Thanks for the inspiration!

  9. ... on October 5, 2008 at 7:05 AM