After three long weeks of painting and changing fixtures and locking Hyrum behind gates and putting him in front of a video TOO MANY TIMES, and culminating with him finally breaking down our precautions and eating paint...WE ARE FINISHED PAINTING AND CHANGING THE HOUSE....for the moment. :)

I tried to take pictures from the same angle I took them in the before pictures but since I didn't always succeed I'll put them side by side to compare.


Dang! That doesn't look as different as it does in real life. Hummm.
Again I don't think it really does it justice how different it looks but minimally I think you can see how much more the color of the carpet pops with the different paint color and the white baseboards.

And we changed this
for this!
This was probably the most noticeable change...

You can also see that we put 2 inch blinds in all of the upstairs windows. And the closet doors were drying from being painted. That precise painting was really hard to conceal.


Again doesn't look as different in the picture as it does in real life ( at least I think ).



When we started to look at painting the rooms we began to realize why they changed the color of the walls where they did. The corners in the house are rounded therefore there is no definite place to change the color. My dad gave us a really good idea that I think works better than changing color in the middle of walls.


Can you see where we changed it? It kinda looks like a shadow. That's the genius of it all! We just played off where the shadow fell and then changed the color there. I think it is perfect! It's been fun to realize how light changes color of paint as we've been looking at walls and corners differently. Dad you should be an interior designer! THANK YOU!!!

Next time...pictures of the transformation in progress!!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 comments:

    Kendall and Melissa said...

    I think that it looks lots different!! It look fabulous!! I love the way that you painted those corners, such a great idea!! And I definately like the blinds over the grandma-looking curtains. So when do you actually get to move in?!? That has got to be killing you! Great work, and good luck with the moving. Wish we were there to help.

  1. ... on February 17, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
  2. Harrisons said...

    It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see it in real life!! So exciting. I think the most dramatic change in the pictures are getting rid of those dang curtains. I love how much cleaner everything looks. And LOVE LOVE LOVE the green! Very cute. PLEASE let me know how I can help you this weekend. Hyrum NEEDS to play at my house, I'm pretty sure!

  3. ... on February 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
  4. Globe Trotters said...

    I can TOTALLY tell the difference! The house looks great! BTW- Sonja and I will be in SLC March 16-21st more or less for our spring break...hope to see you there!

  5. ... on February 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM  
  6. Three Men and a Janie said...

    Looks awesome!! What a TON of work - but now you can be proud of the results. We are so excited for you!

  7. ... on February 17, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
  8. Stephen and Gabrielle said...

    It looks great! I should have been that ambitious with our house. Now if we wanted to paint we would have to move all the furniture!

  9. ... on February 17, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
  10. Nikki said...

    Looks so, so good guys! Wish we were there to help! The house looks ready for moving in. Yea!

  11. ... on February 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
  12. ArringtonZoo said...

    Sunny, it looks amazing! Good job. It's like night and day.

  13. ... on February 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
  14. Dave said...

    You're making it YOUR place and it's nice and fresh. It's a good starting place! Enjoy continuing the adventure.
    BTW, the lighting variations in your snapshots plays the biggest part in the comparisons not looking as dramatic as they are in real life, but one can see that there is improvement.

  15. ... on February 18, 2009 at 6:51 PM  
  16. Pam said...

    How I wish I could have helped, too. It looks great and now you can move in and it's all yours! Congrats on a job well done. Of course, it's only beginning! Can't wait to get out there. XOXO Mom

  17. ... on February 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM  
  18. Brei said...

    I love the color and it looks soooo much better this way! Good luck with moving in and let us know when we can come crash a little welcome!

  19. ... on February 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM  
  20. Wendy said...

    Good job Sunny! Painting is a transforming, purifying experience. You have now made the house your house. It isn't just some random pick off the real estate market.

  21. ... on February 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM  
  22. Holly said...

    Ok- that picture of the "before" light fixture in the bathroom is hillarious! :) I love the colors and can totally see a difference before and after. I can't wait for all the snow to melt so you can show us your yard too. DO you love it? You guys really worked hard! YEA!

  23. ... on February 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
  24. Binne77 said...

    I like!

  25. ... on February 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM