Monday was my first day on my own with the three boys. Noah walked into our room around 8 am all smiles and asked where Daddy was. I told him that he was at work. He dropped his head and burst into tears. Those were my exact feelings as well. The rest of the morning was an adventure in tiredness.

Hyrum started taking pictures of Noah at the breakfast table. I was too tired to stop him.





































These aren't even half of the pictures of Noah Hyrum took that morning. He soon found other inspiration on the table.





He took a few pictures of me which I QUICKLY erased horrified but later in the day when he found yet more photographic inspiration ( namely his feet) he caught a few more of me that were acceptable




Do you see in that last picture? Proof that I picked something up that day. Proof that I did SOMETHING.

As I went through Hyrum's pictures I realized that he documented my first day alone with the pivotal third child addition and rather regretted erasing the horrible pictures Hyrum took of me. They were authentic and real and very indicative of how I felt. Someday I'd look back and laugh. I tried to get another picture of my state of being and while they have a flavor the weren't as good (or as horrible) as the originals.

Have you ever seen yourself tired...that kind of tired? It's not a pretty picture to be sure. You always imagine yourself elegantly or dramatically tired or at least sweetly tired. Not ugly mean tired.


Scary!

I actually really liked a couple of the pictures he took. Very artsy.


And lastly proof that the boys made it through the day alive.


But not without a few tears.
For both of us.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Gabrielle said...

    Babymoons are great, but the first little bit on your own is a bit of a shock!

    Glad to see that you and your boys survived!

  1. ... on June 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM  
  2. Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    I am so glad that you had help with everything. I am glad you mentioned how you replaced your screens. We need to do that too and didn't know you could just go bye them. I am glad you guys are doing so well. We miss hanging out with you guys. Addy actually mentioned yesterday that she wanted to hang out with Hyrum.

  3. ... on June 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM