This morning Derek was playing with Hyrum and Hyrum of course had Derek's hands in his mouth. I was in and out doing something and then all of a sudden Derek said " I feel a tooth!" I of course run in and put my hands in his mouth, which he was not as fond of anymore and low and behold on the lower gum on the right side of the front... A TOOTH! He'd been gnawing on our knuckles and fingers ( and collar bones ) for weeks if not months so we'd given up looking. But now he is among the toothed! No wonder he's been grumpy the last two days. It's a sharp little sucker so we've got to be careful now. Can you see it?
Of course you can't because it's tiny and this picture was taken before it popped through. We'll try to get a picture when you can see it better!


This entry was posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

    Pam said...

    Awww. His 1st tooth! He is growing up without us. I am so grateful that we see him every Monday night and can watch some of his growing up. Just want to nuzzle the monitor. But that new tooth reminds me how they feel when you're not expecting it. That's OK. I would still take the risk! Congrats, Hy.

  1. ... on December 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM  
  2. Nikki said...

    YEA! He's really growing up fast!So fun for you... just wait til you get bit while nursing :) Owen just got his first tooth too. Jackson was my only one with a tooth at 6 months. Jillie didn't get her first til about 11 months!

  3. ... on December 3, 2007 at 11:07 PM  
  4. Holly said...

    Saroya had 5 teeth by 5 months! Isn't that nuts? That's probably why she has lost 7 teeth already and the kids in her class are just losing their first ones. Congratulations Hyrum! And I can second the comment from Nikki about nursing. THis is when it gets interesting.... :)

  5. ... on December 5, 2007 at 4:02 PM  
  6. Jenn J. said...

    Congrats, little buddy, on the first tooth. I guess it's time to tell mommy to go out and buy some chewing gum, or maybe some laffy taffy. Trust me, Hyrum, it's delicious.

    I noticed Sadie's first tooth on Nov.30th. :) Sounds like they are right on the same track.

  7. ... on December 6, 2007 at 9:31 AM  
  8. Binne77 said...

    congratulations!!! I don't know what else to say. lol

  9. ... on December 9, 2007 at 12:15 PM  
  10. Josh said...

    You guys are brave. I've nearly lost fingers to new toothed chittlins, before.

  11. ... on December 18, 2007 at 2:31 PM  
  12. the mighty guin said...

    Congrats and proceed with caution! :)
    My folks and I suggest a cold carrot for gnawing in the future, once solids are possible and Hy's grip is up to it. Merry Christmas! :)

  13. ... on December 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM