For weeks Hyrum would try to scoot. He'd get his little toes under him and try to push but his feet would always slip with his socks on. I thought he just wasn't pushing down hard enough so I'd try to work with him to no avail. Then one morning I'd just gotten him out of the bath and had his clothes on him but not his socks yet and I put him on the floor to do something and after a few minutes looked down and he was moving FORWARD. Up until this point he'd just roll to get anywhere. I told Derek and he asked if I'd gotten a video so I got the camera and encouraged...he just rolled over. I got on the floor and enticed with a toy...he just looked at me. I decided to get the tripod to put the camera on it to help him and when I came back into the room there he was scooting on the floor. I grabbed the camera and started filming. This kid does not like to perform on demand. He's been like that from the womb. If he knew we were "watching" (ie putting our hands on my tummy) he would not kick. It's funny how kids are just made with some attributes. So you need to ignore him for him to do tricks. :) Keep that in mind when watching these videos

My first attempt



Ok so he doesn't show you his mad scooting skills on this one but he does show you his favorite new word. "THU" ( It's what he "says" right before he starts sucking his thumb. )

My second attempt



Ta Dah! Like most kids his age he loves eating paper. (please tell me it's like most kids) So even though he kinda knew he was being watched the paper could not be resisted. He looks so studious when he looks at the paper doesn't he. :) And he's even figured out how to scoot with socks on! Sometimes he gets his knees up (to the side) so he may be just instinctively figuring out crawling. We are in trouble.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Hurray Hyrum! You're growing up so fast!
    Hurry Sun & Derek! Find a realtor NOW! The clock is ticking & it's loud and fast! :)

  1. ... on January 19, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
  2. Dave said...

    Looks like another artist in the family. He has an interest in the Arts it appears :)
    Way to go Hyrum... Get that home shopping started FAST.

  3. ... on January 19, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
  4. Pam said...

    Oh, look how he is growing up without us nearby.:( He seems to be a determined little guy. Quick! He will need grass by this summer, to be sure!!

  5. ... on January 19, 2008 at 9:23 PM  
  6. Josh said...

    My favorite part of this post is where you are tormenting him in the water.
    I used to do that to my kids with the grass in Phoenix. Of course, if you actually liked the grass that far south, there was probably something wrong with your nervous system.

  7. ... on January 21, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
  8. Angie said...

    Of course all kids like paper... and I'm sure it's good for them too!! I love the "th" sound and then the thumb sucking... so cute!

  9. ... on January 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM