My sister Holly called not too long ago and said "Um, ok so I'm coming out there." To which I was ecstatic! She was a nanny for a family a long time ago and one of the daughters was getting married so she was coming out to go to the wedding. I knew she wasn't coming out first and foremost to see me but since I was one of the very few she was going to visit that would be home all day without anything specific to do I would see her the most!! I didn't want to steal her thunder since it was her visit and I'm sure she'll blog about it so I just blogged about my highlights and you can go to her blog for the whole story...if you want.

I picked her up at the airport and since the parking garage close to the airport was full I had to park in long term parking and take a shuttle in ( which ended up being an interesting adventure on the way back to the car ) I was a little nervous about Hyrum's reaction to Holly because he's beginning to get stranger anxiety. But as soon as she swept him into her arms and jiggled him around ( and was able to tear his gaze from the sights and sounds of the airport )he just giggled and smiled at her all the time.

We stopped at the requested "Training Table" for lunch and headed to the Joseph Smith Memorial building to watch "Joseph Smith: The prophet of the Restoration" movie. Something happened there that to my knowledge has never happened before...I spoke for Holly. Holly has always spoken for me when shy nervousness or just hesitation kept me from speaking fast enough. But this time I spoke for her. It was a surreal experience.

The next day we went out house hunting or at least house peeking and we almost got the cops called on us by an unsuspecting man in his pj's at 11 in the afternoon.

Holly actually played Nikki and called the realtor about that house posing as me to find out about it. Alas, it is out of our price range, all fireplace, nice backyard, hardwood floors, nice new big windows and all.

Derek didn't get to see Holly as much as me so we went to the reception and I showed up wearing almost the exact outfit Holly was (and I even knew what she was going to wear but forgot) I think people were waiting for us to put on a show.
Sunday came all too soon and we had a family dinner at our apartment celebrating Holly's visit and Hillary and Del's ( and Gillie's ) birthdays.
We wish she could have stayed longer ( and she probably should have too ). But next time we hope she brings the rest of the family with her.

We love Aunt Holly and that's for sure....we don't love anyone as much as her! :)


This entry was posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

    Pam said...

    Awww. Such a nice entry. I am so glad Holly was able to be out there. She is great with kids and I am sure Hy loved every minute with her. Just wish I could've been there too. Love you all.

  1. ... on January 24, 2008 at 8:54 PM  
  2. Derek said...

    It was great to have you out here, Holly. We just wished you could have stayed longer! Thanks for sharing Stardust with us!

  3. ... on January 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
  4. Jenn J. said...

    You can definitely tell you two are sisters! That's great that she was able to come and that you guys had such a great time. How come I didn't know you guys were looking for a house? Have I been out of it? Did you blog about it and I missed it? That's exciting! Congrats. I hope you find something that you love soon.

  5. ... on January 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    Looks like fun! Wish I could've gone to be myself for you. Do you have a relator yet??? :) I love the picture of H & H... so cute!

  7. ... on January 25, 2008 at 8:04 AM  
  8. Sunny said...

    We just started looking for houses with any real intent to jump in. Anything we would LOVE would be out of our price range at this point. We just keep hoping for seller desperation and a fabulous interest rate. A few more employees of the quarter, big tax return and that tax rebate might actually get us where we want to be. Haven't gotten a realtor yet. I'm going to talk to the lady I visit teach about hers. We aren't in any hurry so it may not be very soon that we'll move. I'll keep you updated.

  9. ... on January 25, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
  10. Nikki said...

    How was it that you spoke for Holly?
    Kobe keeps going on about how curly Hyrums hair is- it really is. What's up with that? :)

  11. ... on January 25, 2008 at 7:39 PM  
  12. Nikki said...

    Oh! And by the way you and Holly look like you're in some kind of singing group... all matchy- matchy.

  13. ... on January 25, 2008 at 10:36 PM  
  14. Sunny said...

    We were talking to the missionaries outside the movie and one was from England so I said "My sister was in England for a year and a half" There was other times too but I forget the circumstanses. Well mom has curly hair and so does Derek's dad. Ethan had curly hair too before they cut it. I know, we look identical don't we, if only Holly's hair had been up. :)

  15. ... on January 26, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
  16. Jeannie said...

    I'm FINALLY caught up! Standing?? Scooting??? Oh NO! What am I in for! :) Where'd he get that curly hair :)????

  17. ... on January 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM