Saturday was the last day of the Thanksgiving passes so we took full advantage and went to Farm country again and also visited the children's garden and Botanical Gardens at Thanksgiving point. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm determined to not make this a long post so I'll just post some pictures with small explanations

Noah's ark fountain and wading pool
The monkey's "pulling Hyrum aboard" He was drenched in the first 10 minutes.

Off to the regular botanical gardens where we saw...

The Italian garden
The Secret Garden
Doesn't this just draw you in? There is something about a door like this that I just love.

And the largest man made waterfalls on the Western Hemisphere. ( the largest are in Singapore I think)
There is an amphitheater in front of these amazing waterfalls! What a venue!

I have an artist friend that was involved in the Plein Air (painting in open air) Art Festival at the Gardens of Thanksgiving point this past June. She did this amazing piece called Monet Koi while there and won Best of Show at the American fork Steel days art show with it. She is an amazing artist and you should look around her blog if you have some time. I think she was around here in the garden when she painted the piece.
There were a lot of koi around
And speaking of Cristall we went over to their house the other day to see their new chicks. Hyrum was curious for a second but was much more interested in their big beautiful dog. But I got a few cute pictures anyway.


This entry was posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Dave said...

    Thanksgiving Point has developed ALOT since I last visited the facility! It's got some pretty amazing things, like that waterfall, and that children's garden looks pretty neat too. It looks like Hyrum really liked it.

  1. ... on August 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM  
  2. Globe Trotters said...

    Done? I wish...kind of. I actually start my doctorate program in 2 weeks- less than two weeks, ah! But I am soaking in this free time.
    Hyrum is still cute! :)

  3. ... on August 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM  
  4. Nikki said...

    Really looks like a fun place- reminds me of Meijer GArdens

  5. ... on August 13, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
  6. Nikki said...

    Oh! We're buying the football tickets today!! WooHoo!!

  7. ... on August 13, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
  8. Globe Trotters said...

    I am so sorry to make you homesick-however, looking at your pictures I get my fair share of missing that western beauty!
    But, you should go home- and then hop over this way! And bring that cute kid of yours :)

  9. ... on August 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM  
  10. Unknown said...

    Sunny, that was right where I painted - good job! Thanks for the link.

  11. ... on August 13, 2008 at 10:48 PM