Ok so I've put this off long enough. I've been tagged to list 6 quirky things about myself. So here we go...

1. It has become somewhat of a tradition that on either Friday or Saturday night Derek and I will watch the Time Life Collections infomercials. We think they are great! We sing the songs and laugh at the hair and clothes styles. The commentators are the best and the testimonials are classic too. " You're so right, Angela "



2. I am crazy about money. Most of my quirkiness stems from this. Since we are saving for a house we've become paupers by choice. (Ok so it's been for longer than since we've been saving for a house.) I keep the heat at around 50 in the winter and only turn on the A/C if it's a hundred degrees or more. I nickel and dime everything I eat so as to save as much as I possibly can on food. All of this quirkiness is done safely in the confines of our home. But I knew it had reached a new level when I seriously considered going out in public like this...
I'd lost one sandal from one pair and one sandal from the other pair was broken. I was considering wearing mismatched shoes rather than go get new ones...even cheap new ones. Would you have noticed? But never fear I found the other sandal I'd lost.

3. When ever I get on a airplane I always kiss my hand and then touch the plane as I walk through the door. I've done this ever since my first flight. Flying doesn't scare me, this has just become a habit now.

4. I am a huge pack rat. You can just ask my sisters who always want to go through my boxes when I go home and throw stuff out. I think it's a serious mental issue. It is super hard for me to throw that stuff out. It's like I'm throwing a part of me away. It's not to the point of greasy paper plates and used tissues but still I probably should see someone about it. :)

5. I prefer to suffer through a head ache for hours than take anything for it. I also would prefer to suffer through fevers, stuffy noses, coughing, aches and pains etc than taking medicine. Sure I'll take something if it gets horrible. I just prefer to tough it out as long as I can.

6. Most people think I'm a snob when they first meet me. (Some people probably even continue to think so from time to time after getting to know me. ) I get weird when I don't know what to talk to people about. If I don't have anything to say or can't think of anything to say I generally won't say anything and there will be an awkward silence where I sit and agonize. So if that ever happens in a conversation or if I don't say anything to you when I see you...just know that I don't hate you or anything...I just can't think of what to say.

Ok so do you think I'm a clear head case now? I thought so!

I tag Jen, Julie and Janie ( just sticking with "J's)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Globe Trotters said...

    Sunny- your number 6 is the same as me! Ben told me he always thought I was a snob in high school- and other people have said the same thing- but I get all weird and unsure about what to say/do. We are the same! We ARE family :)

  1. ... on August 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
  2. Harrisons said...

    I'm seriously laughing! I am the same way with the medicine thing, and I never thought you were a snob. But the shoes, yes, you need help ;)

  3. ... on August 14, 2008 at 9:59 PM  
  4. Nikki said...

    So true Sun. I REALLY hope you threw out the broken shoe- and it's match.

  5. ... on August 18, 2008 at 11:34 AM  
  6. Leanne said...

    I seriously didn't see that you had on 2 different sandals at first! haha.

    And I am kind of the same way about not knowing what to say sometimes. But atleast you stay quiet, I end up saying something totally stupid and then they don't think I'm a snob...just a dork. :)

    Great blog posts Sunny....thanks again for inviting me!

  7. ... on August 19, 2008 at 10:33 AM