My wonderful parents came to visit us. They bought us lunch, fixed our broken things, babysat, took our family pictures, they helped in every way they could and how did we treat them? I'll let you judge for yourself...

We introduced them to the Wii and filmed them boxing


We insisted they wear dark blue sweatshirts and took them to a football game on reflective stands in 70 plus degree weather.

Then we dressed them up like Star Wars characters and took them out in public!

We embarrassed them so much while they were here but they were such good sports about it all. You may not call it "elder abuse" but I think I hear the sirens coming closer. If for no other reason than for calling them "elders". :) We miss you! Come back soon!


This entry was posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Yeah, I think you might get in trouble for the "elder" reference! I'm glad they got to spend time out there with you all. I know how much they miss you guys- especially Hyrum. :) That video is funny! ;) Love them in the costumes. I'm looking forward to an Omniture party post and trick or treating one too. That party sounds awesome- too bad we couldn't have gone to see Cosmo!
    I wish you guys weren't private- then I can't "follow" you and know right away when you've posted something new! Just got lucky tonight because I saw you were commenting on mine & Holly's a bunch.
    Anyhow... I think I've gone on long enough. Now, you get back to posting and house hunting!!!

  1. ... on November 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM  
  2. Holly said...

    Cute post!! Now they are good and ready to follow up their talent here!! :) Do you have 4 remotes?? That is CRAZY!!

    Mom and Dad look funny dressed up! I bet they loved it!

    You should e-mail me your family pictures and I will "spruce them up". :) I like the practice...

    Can't wait for future posts!!

  3. ... on November 4, 2008 at 6:45 AM  
  4. Kendall and Melissa said...

    I want to see one of those family pics. That is so great that they got to come visit. So much fun! Will you be going to Michigan for Christmas?

  5. ... on November 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
  6. Sunny said...

    Wait Holly are you talking about Wii-motes" or TV/DVD/Stereo/VCR remotes. We only have two wii-motes and many more than four remotes for all the rest. Mom and Dad looked GREAT dressed up!! The Omniture party post will be awhile because Derek needs to do some editing. It took us nearly 2 hours to get through it all CRAZY! Stay tuned.

  7. ... on November 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
  8. Dave said...

    Yeah well, if you call arranging to get us to the BYU football game (which we won), all the good meals you provided us, the fun of working on the Omniture Halloween Party, the chance to do something for you for a change, not to mention being able to interact personally with Hyrum and share our influence with him, elder abuse - I'll take it!
    And what about that beautiful, summer like weather!! Thank you so much for everything!!!

  9. ... on November 6, 2008 at 9:47 PM