My sister called me yesterday as they were getting 6 plus inches of snow in Michigan and asked me if I was getting my neighbor gifts ready yet. It's been in the low to mid 60's here and sunshine here ( I was actually outside in a short sleeved shirt yesterday ) so I have NOT been thinking of Christmas at all. But I was looking at last years posts and realized that I had requests to do a refresher post this year of some neighbor gift ideas I've had so that others could use them. (hopefully our blog is still private enough, Hol)

I've gotten some really cute and easy ideas over the years that I liked. ( ok only like two...this is not a very useful post is it?)

Well to start I'll remind you what I did last year.

Thin Mint snowmen and little bags of "Puppy chow/ Muddy buddies" ( whatever you want to call it depending on your spunky note. )

This year I'm not telling what I'm doing because I don't want to ruin the surprise and I may or may not have decided yet... :)

These first two ideas were courtesy of my darling step garden hostess. I post them with her permission. :)

This adorable tag was attached to a bag of Lays potato chips. :)

I don't know if you can see what the tag says so I'll tell you what it says. "The weather outside is frightful a cup of hot cocoa would be delightful! But if it's too hot you know... Better blow, Better blow, Better blow."


And this idea is for all you ladies out there who have a lot of time and are pretty handy as well.

Our bishops wife made these for neighbor gifts one year ( frame and all ) and I can't tell you how many I've seen around the ward. She probably made upwards of 50 of these babies. Wow! She's amazing!

So there you go. That's all I got...not to creative or spunky but it works, right?

Have a great day. Promise the next post will be on the holiday on hand. :) Instead of being super late on one holiday and super early on the next!


This entry was posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Hey Sunny - thanks for the comments you always leave on my blog. You are great. And snow in Michigan? I have to say, I'm excited for a big snow storm here. I always feel like sewing in front of a window when it snows...so "Little Women."

  1. ... on November 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM