I was singing a song ( a jingle from one of his silly shows) and Hyrum informed me ( pretty resolutely I might add) that he didn't like that song. I gave him a dejected look to which he said "I'm gonna give you a hug" and came running. After I hugged him I told him that I loved him and said ( which I often do ) "Who does momma love?" Hyrum said "Children"

I was a little surprised by this answer and asked "Which children?"

"Hyrum"

"and..."

"Noah and Daddy"

I said "Hyrum, Daddy is not a child, he's all grown up"

"Daddy is a child of GOD, Mom"

That's right little man...that's right.

Then we sang "I am a child of God" together. I guess he liked that song better. That's good.



This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Pam said...

    Oh, how sweet! They are listening, even if they can't sit still. Good job, Mom!

  1. ... on October 5, 2010 at 8:01 PM  
  2. The Dalton's said...

    Tender!!! What a sweet story!

  3. ... on October 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM  
  4. Nikki said...

    So sweet. You make me long for the old days when the kids were little and life was simple and slow paced...

  5. ... on October 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM  
  6. Sunny said...

    Don't be fooled Nik...life is not slow paced. There are a million demands every second of the day...we just don't GO anywhere. :)

  7. ... on October 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM  
  8. Nikki said...

    I remember Sun... and I know how it is now and that WAS slow paced :)

  9. ... on October 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM