We've all seen them. The Mother's Day questionnaires filled out in elementary schools and church Primarys all over the country. With questions like "How tall is your mom? What is your mom's favorite food? What does your mom say to you all the time? What is your mom's favorite thing to do?" The last question always seems to result in ridiculous answers like "Cleaning or doing the dishes or folding the laundry" I know of NO mother who's FAVORITE thing to do is any of these things.

I decided that I was going to change this trend and make sure my son NEVER says that my favorite thing to do is to clean.

Instead of whining and complaining about it while I did it or just stop doing it altogether which of course would be the more natural thing to do, I began training him. I would snuggle my boys and smother them in kisses and then ask Hyrum "What is Momma's favorite thing to do?" To which he'd answer the presuggested answer of "kissing her boys"

Perfect!

The other day I had kissed Hyrum and then as was becoming my habit I asked him "What is Momma's favorite thing to do?" To which he replied

"Kiss boys"

Yeah that is NOT the same. What a firestorm of rumors would be started in the school district or church with that answer.

I was telling my mom this story on the phone while Hyrum sat on my lap. I didn't think he was even aware of our conversation but when I asked him what my favorite thing to do was in order to show my mom what a little rumor starter her grandson was he replied


CLEANING!! ( and started to LAUGH)



This entry was posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Nikki said...

    silly Hy!

  1. ... on October 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM  
  2. Globe Trotters said...

    haha! It's ok. Kris tells people my mom is seeing another man {NOT my dad}. Gives us something to laugh about. Now we know- you like kissing boyS! lol.

  3. ... on October 25, 2010 at 5:37 AM  
  4. Jenn J. said...

    He's catching on already! He's hilarious and SO cute. By the way, with all the boys you have at that house, I'd say you probably do a lot of boy kissing... so I guess he's kind of right. :)

  5. ... on October 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM