Derek and I had been going on dates and hanging out for a little under two months but there was yet to be a clear understanding between the two of us. Honestly I don't know if I was ready for a clear understanding to be between us.

Also for a long time a old roommate of mine who was also one of the florists I would sell to at work had been telling me she needed to set me up on a blind date with a guy she knew. She set up this date on July 20, 2001 to go to the Days of '47 Rodeo in Salt Lake City.


When I got home from work that night I found this from Derek, who got home later than me from work.


Which sent me on a scavenger hunt around my house with coupons for things in each clue...


At the end of the scavenger hunt I found these


He had talked to my roommates to have them figure out what my favorite flowers were and had a bouquet made up of all of them.

I. felt. a w f u l.

I called him and got his voice mail and left him a pitiful message where I said something like this

"Uh, Hi Derek, that was super nice what you did. I thought it was great, ... the flowers are beautiful but ... uh ... so I'm not going to be here when you get off work because... uh... I'm kinda going on a blind date tonight... dang I'm really sorry, uh ... bye"

I don't really remember much about the date except we went to the rodeo which was interesting and then went to get some ice cream and the guy had issues with me being older than him. It was a group date and I don't even think that my old roommate was there. Lame.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: