It was Sunday and after church he came over for dinner as he usually did. Then afterwards we went for a walk. I could tell he was wanting to have the dreaded "DTR" ( define the relationship ) talk and I didn't want to define it in words. I didn't want the heaviness of the conversation. He of course just wanted to know what in the world was going on and didn't want to be jerked around or waste anymore time.

We walked up Carterville road in Provo. Every time he began to get the courage up to broach the subject I'd make a joke or change the subject. I didn't want him to date anyone else and I didn't want to date anyone else either but I just wasn't ready to say that we were exclusive. By the time we decided we should turn around it was an hour and a half after we started and we were two and a half miles away in Orem. Right before we turned around though I felt the subject edging it's way towards the conversation and decided to try to avoid it with a different tack and took his hand. We walked the rest of the way back hand in hand.

When we got closer to our apartments we stopped and he finally got some information in a round about way. There was an understanding that neither of us really wanted to date anyone else. But we didn't hold hands when we got close to ward prayer...that was a bit too public yet.


This entry was posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: