So the day after the blind date I knew I'd be seeing Derek and have some explaining to do. We got together that afternoon to have a BBQ and Derek was naturally rather stand offish. He had pretty much decided he was done with me. I tried to act normally and talk to him. I don't think he was mean to me at all but he certainly was guarded. After the BBQ we went to a Provo Angels game (a Pioneer league team that played their games at Miller Park on BYU campus - they later became the Orem Owlz) I made sure to sit beside Derek at the game. During the game I tried to give subtle hints like resting my hand on his back when he leaned forward, he smelled really good and I'm pretty sure I told him that. This was also the night of the "Y Mountain" wild fire and we could feel the heat from the fire in our seats at the game. Crazy!

On the way in to the game they were giving these little envelope with a "baseball diamond" in it. Pretty much a ploy to drum up business. Both Derek and I got one. This little thing will come in to play later.

After the game we went back to our apartment to watch a movie. I snuggled right up to him for the rest of the night. Neither of us can remember what movie we watched. His head was completely scrambled and he was completely confused but I think I successfully changed his mind about writing me off...at least for a day.


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: