I haven't done a Hyrum update lately and a lot has been happening all of a sudden. At his 9 month check up they asked me if he was clapping or waving or saying "Dadadadadadadadada" Horrified I said "No" He was banging things together but not his hands. He'd make all kinds of sounds but they all were squeals or moans or what sounded like a lot of complaining but no real consonant sounds. I got right to work. (He was 19lbs 9 oz and 29 in long if anyone was wondering)

But this is what he said...


*Side note: Isn't it fun to relive this time of life with your kids. Where in the adult world can you just blow raspberries for this long. As parents you can!

I worried so much about it. I said "Dada, Mama, Papa, baba, lala, wawa, gaga, nana..." until I was blue in the face and nothing. We realized that we never really waved to him so of course he wasn't waving he didn't have any concept of it. All he wanted to do was stand and walk around holding our fingers. He climbed up on everything. His scoot was looking a lot more like a army crawl and he'd get up on his knees to climb. He'd even stand on his own for 15-20 seconds but nothing even close to a word. Then one day as he worked his way from toy to toy across the room I heard a beautiful sound. I didn't recognize it at first because it was in his high pitched squealing voice but when I listened it was unmistakable. "Didididididididi!" Which quickly morphed into "Deh deh deh" "Dei dei dei" "Da da da" Sometimes even sounding like "Daddy" Derek was naturally thrilled but we were sure he didn't know what he was talking about.

Here's a little visual of his new accomplishments.


*Yes we are bursting at the seems. I simply have NOWHERE to put that beautiful cradle that Derek's brother made us, nor the 72 hour kit I got for Christmas. Save, save, save!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Oh he makes me so happy! Can't help but smile- and LOVE his smile with the raspberries. He's pretty mobile, huh? Grwoing up so fast. Hey, about that bursting at the seams... didn't you once say less is more? ;-) Obviously the cradle and 72hr kit stay, but what can you purge? Or just go get that realtor. :) I'm so excited fro you guys to get some more space!

  1. ... on February 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM  
  2. Sunny said...

    Yes! I do need to seriously look at some of the things that are cluttering up the house and purge. Just when to find the time. :)

  3. ... on February 28, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
  4. Binne77 said...

    How cute! Don't worry so much about the 'milestones'. If he understands YOU, that is the big indicator he is on track. My pediatrician was so laid back about all of that nonsense. :-)

    Are you getting your house?!

  5. ... on February 28, 2008 at 5:22 PM  
  6. Holly said...

    He is soo adorable. Jaleigh laughed so hard when Hyrum was doing his rasberries. She said, "Hyrum is doing a lot of stinkers!!" hummm..... :)

  7. ... on March 11, 2008 at 1:03 PM  
  8. Unknown said...

    I'm still laughing at those raspberries. Awesome.

  9. ... on March 12, 2008 at 9:52 AM