Back before "the fall" I'd intended to do a post on the signs Hyrum has been making. This is probably mostly for Hyrum's grandparents and aunts but I'm just so excited that I feel like we are finally communicating a little!

This is Hyrum's "please". He pretty much made this up. He started with signing "more" which is basically clapping his hands and when we'd ask him to say please this is what he'd do. He did do "please" more traditionally for a few weeks but this has been what has really stuck.


This is Hyrum's "milk". Derek asked if he wanted milk one day and did the sign and he did it back just like that. Derek thought I had been working with him but I hadn't. He just did it on his own.



"Outside" is a sign we see a lot. I don't know what the real sign for outside is but we sure know Hyrum's sign for it. He waves when other people go but he also waves when HE wants to go. He also made up his own sign for "hat" I don't know what the real sign for hat is either but you can tell his feeling on hats and what he does when we put them on.



His bruise is all but gone now from his tumble.
Babies heal fast but this is how he sees the world these days...
Parents don't recover as quickly.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Nikki said...

    I like Hyrum's version of ASL... HSL I guess it should be called. He is SO cute! And so smart!
    Get that boy a house so you all can spread out. :)

  1. ... on June 5, 2008 at 7:33 AM  
  2. Pam said...

    He is sooo smart! He makes up his own signs??? Doesn that mean he isn't planning on talking to us? Wait! I seem to remember his saying "Papa" on the web cam last Monday. It melted our hearts. Love those curls! So glad you captured those signing moments.

  3. ... on June 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
  4. Laurie said...

    It was much easier on my heart to see the new pictures of Hyrum, with the bruises gone! You are so right, kids heal much faster than parents! How wonderful that you are teaching him signing. Have you seen the 'Signing Time' videos? They are great; you should be able to check them out from the library. They learn so quickly at this age!

  5. ... on June 6, 2008 at 5:29 AM  
  6. Binne77 said...

    Amazing! I love watching how big and smart he is becoming! :-)

  7. ... on June 6, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
  8. Jenn J. said...

    He's so cute!!

  9. ... on June 17, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
  10. Jenn J. said...

    By the way, I can never get Sadie to perform like that. She'll be doing all her tricks and then I pull the video camera out and she stops.

  11. ... on June 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM