I've never done a "Why I love you" birthday post for my dad which is a crying shame so without further ado....

The countless reasons I love my Dad! ( because honestly I don't know how old he is :)

He's an artist and has given me an artists eye and a bit of an artist mind, but unfortunately I'v yet to seriously try my HAND at art.


He uses big words and has given me a huge vocabulary. Some people may don't understand him but Derek and I do! :) It's one of the reasons I love Derek too.

He doesn't like salty and sweet (so not a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate) but is a big mint fan.

He helped me paint my house. He hand edged everything. Never used tape. And it's perfect!
{I like this picture. To me it looks like he's painting the Sistine Chapel or something. }

He makes me want to be better

He is soooo patient.

He makes me want to be a better cook.

He loves my son


Hyrum loves him too

He's not afraid of making a bit of a fool of himself
He has an amazing testimony of the gospel

He bought me conversation hearts every Valentines day and flowers every Easter ( even when I was on the mission and away at school) until I got married.

He has an amazing singing voice and a really soothing speaking voice. He used to sing me to sleep at night and now I sing the same song to my son.

He's ALWAY'S willing to help out...even on his vacation.

He is very calm and has a calming influence on everyone around him

He loves my Mom desperately.

He taught me how a husband treats his wife and to expect that from men. Good thing Derek is so wonderful.

He has dealt with a lot of estrogen in his life and respects womanhood and motherhood.

He has no fear
He encourages my passions

He can fix anything

He loves the beach

He loves me!

For these and so many more reasons...We love you Daddy! Happy Birthday!



This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Pam said...

    Great post, Sunny. Your Dad is all that and more - that's why I chose him - for me and you girls. You don't need to know how old he is because he doesn't act it.
    XOXO Mom

  1. ... on March 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM  
  2. Dave said...

    Sweet post, thank you dear daughter.
    So, you don't know how old I am... well, hopefully you'd be amazed that I'm so old. You're only as old as you feel anyway. =)

  3. ... on March 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM  
  4. Nikki said...

    I love all of those things too Sun. He's really the perfect dad. :) I do remember the number because it's exactly 60 years more than Kobe. Remember how we got Dad to his 60th surprise party by telling him my water broke? :)

  5. ... on March 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    I should add though that I agree that the number does not reflect his youth and energy.

  7. ... on March 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
  8. Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    What a great dad! I can't wait to see this house he painted.

  9. ... on March 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM