If you're anything like me , Escape Club is dancing around your head right now. Or maybe Will Smith if your a little younger than me.

We've lived in our house for a little over a month now and we are getting a feel for the area. Looking at our house and the neighborhood you wouldn't think that we are living in an area that is too remote. You may feel that way on the way down here. But once you are in the neighborhood you wouldn't think so...until you've lived here a while then you start to realize that we are in fact living in the Wild Wild West.

Exhibit #1

TUMBLEWEED in our back yard! Ok so those of you who grew up in the west aren't going to be too impressed with this. But to us easterners THIS is definitively wild west material.

Exhibit #2

That white jeep is our mail man! Some times he comes in a white jeep, sometimes he comes in a red jeep. But our mail always comes in a jeep...at least it's not by horseback. :)

Exhibit #3

One word...TRAINS!!

And more trains (how are you doing Holly?)



The previous owners assured us that the trains only come by once a night at 3 or 4 in the morning. And since we lived next to train tracks that were only used once or twice a year we believed them. That is most certainly NOT so. Trains come by at least 6 or 7 times. Both day and night. Oh and we live very near a train crossing so they have to blow the whistle every time they pass. For the first three or four weeks I was livid! I'd count how many trains were coming by and curse the names of the previous owners and quote scriptures of where liars go. As time has gone on it's gotten better and I've even gotten to the point that I ALMOST like them. There are many in the neighborhood that say they don't hear them anymore. I don't know if that will happen. We'll see.

A little someone has been instrumental in my change of heart.



Hyrum has become the biggest Thomas the tank engine fan since living here and it must be a common obsession in this neighborhood because the nursery is FULL of old Thomas the Tank engine trains sets. In the meantime I keep my ears open for gunshots and horse hooves of the train robbers.

There's also a corral down the road and we often see people riding horses around by the cemetery and the field nearby.

Next time you see me I just may be in a long skirt saying "y'all" and "partner"


This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

    Hey Sunny, when I saw the picture of the tumbleweed it reminded me of a story. Last christmas when I was mailing out packages we asked what the craziest thing was they shipped and they said tumbleweed. They said some couple that was visiting from Florida had never seen one before and wanted to take it home. So as long as you don't do that I think you ok.

  1. ... on March 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
  2. Stephen and Gabrielle said...

    I grew up with tumbleweeds, so that wouldn't faze me, but the jeep really cracks me up! I am glad that Hyrum likes the trains, and I hope you guys get used to them soon.

  3. ... on March 26, 2009 at 6:45 AM  
  4. Laurie said...

    I guess I've lived in Texas way too long because I didn't understand the interest in tumbleweeds and mail delivery by Jeep. "Y'all" and "pawdner" sound perfectly normal to me as well! And I would love to take Hyrum to see my friend's little donkey and her new foal - the trains go by even closer to her home, and she doesn't even hear them....I'm sure you will soon say the same!

  5. ... on March 26, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
  6. Nikki said...

    Oh my. So many new things for you! LOVE Hyrum's "choo choo" How adorable is that.

    CRAZY that that one train is SOOOOOOO close. Just CRAZY!!!! I don't see Holly spending too much time at your house without earplugs! :)

  7. ... on March 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
  8. Autumn said...

    Welcome to Springville. :)

  9. ... on March 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM