The snow has been melting here in Utah ( sorry to all of you dealing with unexpected snow) and we've been able to see the glory of what is our yard. Have I got my work to do.
Some of you might be wondering what is so bad. It's a pet peeve given me by my landscape architecture professor in school. The little islands in the middle of the grass. Flowerbeds ( or rockbeds ) should connect to something not just float in the middle of the grass for no reason. Needless to say they will disappear this summer. Plus we have probably 12 rose plants and while I really like roses I would like other flowers in my yard as well. I've got plans! Anyone want some rose plants?

Then there's the back yard...

It's unfinished and we knew that but what was a surprise was what was what was left us by the previous owner.

That book out there was a hair design manual. :) Guess I'll be learning some hair cutting skills. Any takers? :)
And the general consensus is that this was the beginning or end of a dog run. I didn't think they had a dog or that you would cement a dog run but we've found dog toys and a collar and you'd probably cement a dog run if you had a muddy unfinished backyard.

Regardless I'm ITCHING to start my garden. This year it will probably be miss matched and everywhere because I don't know how the soil is nor what the sun is like back there. But that will require me to find my seeds and I can't find them...and not for lack of looking. But I did start some broccoli plants ( I didn't have seeds for broccoli and bought some)


SO all in favor of dismissing with the house posts for a couple months? I thought so! New subject for the next post...promise!


This entry was posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Harrisons said...

    Nooo!! We LOVE the house topic!! It's very fun. And you HAVE to finish up this topic by doing a post on what the house looks like now that you are all moved in. And by the way, I found some food of yours in my freezer -- including a bucket of zucchini from last summer's garden! You only THOUGHT you had moved everything ;)

  1. ... on March 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
  2. Nikki said...

    I like the house posts and since your life revolves around your house these days - and will for a while it looks like- feel free to post about it.
    I can't believe the junk they left in the yard- yuck!
    I'm so glad for you to have your own yard to play with!! WooHoo!

  3. ... on March 3, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
  4. Unknown said...

    Looks like your snow-melt experience was like ours. We just kept finding stuff. The day we finally took the last load to the dump was gratifying, like the place was finally ours. I won't even talk about the dog run our house's previous owners left...

  5. ... on March 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
  6. Kendall and Melissa said...

    The house topic is grand! I love seeing the pics and hearing about your plans. We just had the utilities come out yesterday and mark all the lines so that we can start digging up our yard and starting fresh on it. Have so much fun with a yard to play in and dig in and plant and...you get the picture! I wish I had your brain to pick on plants and flowers and things for our yard!

  7. ... on March 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM