Since we live less than a mile from the Cemetery where Derek's maternal grandparents uncle and great grandparents are buried, Hy and I walked there to decorate while Derek sprayed Roundup and lawn weed killer. I didn't get pictures of the decorating because we go there so often that I didn't think about it. While there though Hyrum kept wandering off to check out the other decorations. More than once I headed off to search for him only to find him crouched beside a ceramic frog or rabbit or his favorite, PINWHEELS (or round and round as he calls them). We decided that the other set of grandparents needed to have pinwheels. After all the spraying was complete safely free from Hyrum's curiosity we headed off to decorate the Tangren grandparents graves on the way to Tangren cousins for a BBQ.
This was one of his great grandpas that he was named after but he was more interested in watching the pinwheels go round and round. Naturally.
We got to the BBQ at Soren and Rachele's beautiful new house late because we had a hard time finding a way out of the cemetery but everything was DELICIOUS and fabulous company as always.

After eating Mom's and kids headed off to the park while Derek picked his male cousins brains about sprinkler systems and air conditioners.
Brei kept the swings going while I ran around and took pictures
Cousins piled on the slide
Little Aubree enjoying the park too, although towards the end she got a little hungry and decided to try a few wood chips
I have a little adrenaline junkie for a son and he likes to have underdogs on the swings that naturally have developed into space shuttle lift offs. He will start counting "One, two, bibe, tree, bas off" So you count down and when you'd normally say "Underdog!" you say "Blast off" He insisted that Brei be mission control. She's going to kill me for this picture but I love it!And Derek will kill me that I push him so high but in my defense he IS in a baby swing and if you could see his face you would see a HUGE smile on it.
Brei also got in on the swinging action
All too soon it was time to leave the park and head back home
As we were leaving the boys kept talking about keys and decompression valves. I didn't understand all that they were talking about but Derek seemed really excited. Come to find out that another mystery about the sprinkler system was solved.

When we got the mower on the first run through the yard we shredded the cap on a tube that came up in the grass right by the water meter. We could never figure out what it was but it always filled up with water when the sprinkler system was on. Come to find out that down that tube was the ACTUAL water turn on for the sprinkler system. Well there's your problem! And now we don't need the hose AT ALL for the sprinkler system. What would we do with out our cousins? They even sent us home with a window air conditioner to borrow. We owe them big time. And I didn't even remember to make fudgies this time! Next time...promise!!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Sounds like a fun- and productive day! I'm glad you guys have these cousins nearby.

    Am I wrong to be a little creeped out seeing Hyrum sitting on a gravestone that says Hyrum Tangren??!!

  1. ... on May 28, 2009 at 7:08 PM  
  2. Kendall and Melissa said...

    We took Avri to put flowers on my sister's grave LAST Memorial Day and she still remembers and tells people about it. Crazy how those things stick with kids.

    Also, I need your phone number. Kendall and I would LOVE to come see your new house while we are here, but this is the only way I know to get in touch with you. Anyway, if you would email me your number I'd love that! melissa.d.powell@gmail.com Thanks!

  3. ... on June 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM