Saturday( the 20th) was colder than the previous day so I decided to make some banana bread and discovered that Hyrum doesn't like the sound of the hand mixer.
It was so sad. He also hates the sound of the shower unfortunately and I've been finding my showers getting shorter and shorter these days. I really don't know if it's the sound or the steam or the fact that only my hands or head appears from time to time or a combination of a few. It just seems consistant that louder noises upset him...except guitar...he didn't mind the concert.

Later we were listening o the BYU game and Derek said "Look at that!" I glanced at Hyrum and he looked like this...


I wondered what he was looking at outside and looked too...SNOW! Big, huge, fluffy, Michigan snowflakes. We had to take Hy out to see it.


It's hard to see because it's so dark. It wasn't that dark outside when we took the picture. But all of those white things are snowflakes. It got to the point that it was nearly white out conditions at the BYU game. CRAZY! All kinds of people were offering us tickets. We're kinda glad we didn't take them with a 5 1/2 month old. And the next morning we woke up to this...

It was gone by noon but it was Hy's first honest to goodness first snow. We can't wait till he's big enough to build a snowman. It got us all excited for the coming holidays!


This entry was posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Holly said...

    Poor say Hyrum.. SOO CUTE tho! I can't wait for the upcoming seasons here too! Mom said it is supposed to snow the day after Halloween. We'll see!! We are doing the girls shopping day on Saturday if you want to come... :)

  1. ... on October 28, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
  2. Natalie said...

    That makes me terribly excited for the holidays...but mostly just excited for the holidays in Idaho!

    Oh the beautiful beautiful snow there in Utah and Idaho.

  3. ... on October 29, 2007 at 5:08 AM  
  4. Binne77 said...

    I am jealous!

  5. ... on October 29, 2007 at 6:16 AM  
  6. Jenn J. said...

    All of my kids have been terrified of the hand mixer... and the blender, and the vacuum. :) Poor little Hyrum. He looks so sad in that picture.
    That snow looks so fun! I am super excited for the holidays too. I love snow during the holidays... although, I always wish it was gone by February.

  7. ... on October 29, 2007 at 8:24 AM  
  8. Pam said...

    Sweet Hy. He is just starting to learn about the scarey and exciting things in life. Hope he has more exciting than scarey experiences.

  9. ... on October 30, 2007 at 7:59 PM