On our walk this morning I was invited to go to the farm...ok ok Farm country at Thanksgiving Point. (Basically a zoo for farm animals) I felt like such a city slicker to think we were "going to the farm" which was really not a farm at all and I was so excited to take Hyrum so he could have that experience. Silly sad city slicker! Regardless I dressed Hyrum up in his overalls and off we went.

It was a really windy and on the chilly side but it didn't blow enough of the smell away I guess. Not the greatest first impression, but before long he got more into it.

This is what he's looking at...

We walked around to all the animals and they came up and said hello in their own ways. I didn't let Hyrum out of the stroller ( I know I'm a mean mom) but I was so afraid of little fingers getting eaten. We had one little girl in our group did get a finger bitten by a leghorn rooster. So this is how he saw the farm.


I love this hat! Derek thinks it looks like a cowboy hat and I guess I can see that ( I don't think it looks THAT much like a cowboy hat though)but I just think it is so cute! And most of all I love it because it stays on! He loves to pull hats off his head and I like him to wear hats to shade his eyes and face. If he can't get it off or has his hands occupied he forgets about it and we're both happy.
With our purchase of a ticket for farm country came a free pony ride or hay wagon ride. To be honest this was almost my entire motivation for going. I couldn't wait to get Hyrum on a pony! He was ready to go down for a nap right before we left so he was a little "eh" about the whole thing but it was incredible for me. It totally brought back my first experience riding a horse. The gentle rocking gait of the horse, the feeling of almost floating as you walked along. I seriously couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time!
Ok, so he kinda does look like a cowboy here but he was about to ride his first horse. I think that's a must. :)



I don't know why the color looks so weird on this video but there you have it...Hyrum's first pony ride! So fun!


This entry was posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Nikki said...

    There's a cute cowboy! Looks like he must have enjoyed the ride. You're a good mom to not let his fingers get bit- or contaminated. :)

  1. ... on May 7, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
  2. Nikki said...

    Did you get a new umbrella stroller?

  3. ... on May 7, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
  4. Dave said...

    So, when do you remember your first pony ride being? I can think of a couple possibilities... (well, maybe one of them would have been Nikki's instead of yours)

  5. ... on May 7, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
  6. Sunny said...

    The first one that I remember was in Montana. Was there one before that? Yeah we got an umbrella stroller before Thanksgiving to streamline our "day after thanksgiving" shopping. We don't use it that much. Then handles are too short to use it too extensively. :)

  7. ... on May 8, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
  8. Harrisons said...

    That was a fun trip to the farm. I'm laughing because we still go visit the "real" farm at my parent's house! But the kids liked it anyway and you have to do something to keep life interesting! Thanks for coming with us!!

  9. ... on May 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM