Yesterday Hyrum woke up with clear bright eyes! I'd stopped singing " Today's the day!" when we scheduled the appointment to have his probe done. I'd heard some say that once they scheduled the procedure the eye cleared up but I refused to get caught up in their web of tales. I was convinced that he was having the probe and that was that. I weaned him from night feeding ( yes I was still waking up two or three times a night) and was enjoying the nine plus hours of uninterrupted sleep. Then this...clear eyes that lasted all morning. I refused to believe and pressed on making all necessary preparations for the procedure. It lasted all day and then today too! I was beginning to believe. Then the doctors office called wanting to do the probe at another facility. I told him rather reluctantly that Hyrum's eye looked really good lately. He said "Well I'll go ahead and cancel the procedure for right now and then if it starts looking worse just give us a call and we'll set it right back up." So just as fast as it was made the appointment was canceled. His eye has teared once or maybe twice but it hasn't been goopy or red or anything. I can take a tear or two over goopy and red and frequent infections any day.


I guess the day was April 28th.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Thank goodness the goop went away without the nasty sounding procedure! He's too cute for goop!
    Love that picture! It is so sweet!

  1. ... on May 6, 2008 at 8:38 PM  
  2. Dave said...

    Agreed!

  3. ... on May 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM