Last Saturday I got a knock on the door and I of course ran for sweats to cover my pajamas. Then when I opened the door I gasped. It was two huge boxes from my sister Nikki which could only mean one thing...The next size up clothes for Hy. She has joined the ranks of an army touting the virtues of "Good mail". Sending homemade or hand written cards or sometimes even empty envelopes with scriptures written on the flaps to brighten the day and encourage the receiver. And when you get some good mail you are suppose to take pictures and put them where the sender can see them. So in behalf of Hyrum here you go! :)


And this is a little visual on how excited Hyrum was to get his fun stuff from Aunt Nikki!



We love Aunt Nikki here and we absolutely owe her big!

I was at a baby shower at the beginning of the month and saw this idea that I really liked and when I helped plan another shower Easter weekend we decided to use it. I always recommend to have fruit at baby showers because that is the thing I craved the most when I was pregnant, so this is the fruit bouquet we made.
In the process of making it... You just get a basket and put floral foam in the bottom either soaked in water to weight it or put strips of tape over it and attach to the sides of the basket. Then put lettuce leaves over the floral foam and put fruit on skewers and stick them in the foam. You can also cut the pieces of pineapple with a cookie cutter or knife to form flowers.
The finished product! We put lettuce leaves in between the skewers to kind of hide them.
This is how it looked on the dessert table. I think it turned out pretty good. The only problem was people didn't want to eat it because they thought it was just for decoration. Oh well, it's alright, the new mommy was able to take it home to enjoy and hopefully eat! :)


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Nikki said...

    Hi Hyrum!- from Jack Jack
    Glad you like the stuff- glad to get rid of the stuff:)
    Aren't those good mail labels so cute?!
    That fruit arrangement and the dessert table looks SO yummy!!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

  1. ... on April 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
  2. Pam said...

    I love the fruit bouquet! Not only clever, but artful. Must get it from your dad. Very pretty table. I loved watching Hy's reaction to the toys for the 1st time.

  3. ... on April 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
  4. Harrisons said...

    YEAH! It totally made the shower a special event! Thanks again!!

  5. ... on April 14, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
  6. Holly said...

    That is super cute! I am going to try it sometime.

    It is so fun to see Hyrum seeing that stuff for the first time! Funny that he probably knows nothing about blues clues, but they are fun anyway! :)

  7. ... on April 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM