It has been a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent nearly the entire weekend indoors. My lucky family in the Midwest had amazing weather. We on the other hand woke up to this on Easter morning...
...and this was nearly noon after a lot of it had melted. (They said we had 5-7 inches)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Friday night I slept in our guest bedroom with Noah instead of our normal living room couch repose so as to not interrupt the Easter Bunny in his travels. Needless to say neither Noah nor I slept much at all. So when Hyrum woke up for the morning (He'd been up a few times during the night too) Mom was not the best photographer. Plus there wasn't much she could capture from the couch where Noah had fallen deeply asleep in his familiar position. But I did get a small video before I hit the couch.

Nice grocery receipt on the floor. Good heavens! That egg that he's coming to show me is from Germany. They have these chocolate eggs that have toys inside that Derek really liked when he was in Germany so when one of his coworkers was going there for an onsite with a client Derek asked him to get a few for him.

When I went to the store to get Noah some little pants for Easter Hyrum saw the big boy underwear and picked some out and said "Let's take it home." Well I wasn't going to say no to that so he got them for Easter.


We also try to ask the Easter Bunny to get him something somewhat spiritual for easter to bring in the real meaning. This year we decided that it would be good with two boys to start investing in some Book of Mormon action figures. Much to our dismay though with chocolate and jellybeans in the vicinity he wanted little to nothing to do with Ammon, even with his sword.
We'd put it on the entertainment center with a few pieces of candy in front of it. He just took the candy and slid the action figure back behind the TV. He was much more excited about it the next day though.

As usual the Easter Bunny got him WAY too much candy.

That is without any grass people! I have too much of my grandma Nellie in me. I just don't think twice about giving sugar to my kids. But I'll pay for it when a treat won't have nearly the power it will for others kids.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing while we listened to Conference. Of course Derek didn't get to hear much of it with Hyrum clamoring for his attention. But he did get to listen to Priesthood session. So far it looks like that will be a pretty lonely evening for me in the future. My nephew went to Priesthood session for the first time this year. Actually I really can't wait for my boys to have this exciting time in their lives and be able to spend that time with their dad.

Easter Sunday dawned bright and snowy and after a remarkably restful sleep (Noah only woke up twice) I jumped into the easter season at the last second. While Derek and Hyrum went outside to try to build a snowman I got to work making easter pancakes.


Then in between sessions I made lemon cheese cupcakes having made lemon cheese cake the night before. There is just something about easter that makes me want to have lemon things.

Then while Hyrum was looking around for something to do he found one of our THREE packages of easter egg dye. We've had good intentions every year but neither of us like hard boiled eggs so we've never done them. We thought we were going to go yet another year without doing them but with Hyrum's motivation we consented to dye four eggs and he was in SEVENTH HEAVEN. We really should do projects with him more often. Here's a play by play.



He was BEYOND excited. When they were soaking in the dye he had to keep running back to check on the eggs. Then when they were drying he kept wanting me to take pictures of them.


Then ever so often we would find him just gazing at them.
We also took the opportunity to take Easter family pictures. For taking them ourselves I think they turned out pretty good.


Noah looked soo cute I just had to get more pictures of my little man...he's getting big too fast.


Wow this was longer than I thought it was going to be. Hope your're still awake.

Happy Easter! Hope it was as relaxing and meaningful as it was for us.


This entry was posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Laurie said...

    Wow, you guys are soooo ambitious! Love the cupcakes, and the miniature cakes with jellybeans on top are awfully sweet too! Both of your boys are such beautiful children. I can't believe you had that much snow on Easter. We are in the mid-80's now, which is almost too hot already, and we know it's going to just get worse. I wouldn't mind an April snowstorm....xoxox

  1. ... on April 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM