A little before Noah was born we signed up for a recycling bin from the city. I've always been reluctant to get one because of the cost(don't companies pay to use recyclables?). But never bothered to find out how much it actually cost. We looked into it and found out that it didn't cost nearly what I thought it would so we signed up for one. Let me tell you..I can't believe what we DON'T throw away now. I seriously wish the trash was only picked up every other week like the recycling. Even so I think we'd still have more recycling than trash.

This is a little deceptive because it's right after the trash was picked up and a week after the recycling was picked up but we'd probably have 6 grocery bags in the trash MAX on a normal two week period when we nearly fill the recycling bin ( of course we don't break down boxes either though).

I've discovered that it's easier for me to get rid of things when I know they will be used again. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a hoarder so this is a good thing. I'm not nearly to the point of saving used paper plates, but as I get old and crazy I'd be nervous. :) This is a good thing that we're recycling for no other reason than that! :) Still not sure why it costs us to do so though. :)

Happy Earth day! Is it really the 40th anniversary? Good heavens! I had no idea it had been around so long.


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: