There was just too much going on that week to get to the July 4th review on time. So I hope you will indulge a late post.

Here's a few pictures of the day...
I'd forgotten his blue boonie hat at home so we had to get him another one. I think it's cute and it was only $2! We put him in his Texas Ranger onsie that our friends got us when they were back home in Texas for Derek's dad's benefit.( He was a policeman) You can't really read it but it says "Texas Ranger" around the star and "I'm the law around here" underneath. :)
We took Hyrum on a walk during the day to tire him out. We were hoping that he'd take two naps ( yes sadly he's long since done away with the afternoon nap ) that day so he'd be able to stay awake for the fireworks. It worked and he did.

As long as I've known Derek he's told me how amazing the fireworks are in Idaho Falls. I would smile and say "Oh" all the while thinking..."Man I don't think he gets out much" because I had been to a firework display in Montana that seemed like they were running to the store to buy another firework in between each one. Every year he'd say "We should go up to Idaho for the fourth" and every time there would be a reason not to go and I wasn't too heartbroken about it. But this year we finally went. Derek was looking online to make sure that they were still being done at the same place and time that they had the last time he'd seen them and came across a website listing their top 10 4th of July firework shows and listed IDAHO FALLS as the number two display in the nation!! I have to say I was beginning to be intrigued.
Another walk before the fireworks...it was just to long to sit still.
Spotting the playground. Yes he's getting his run down. And he LOVES playgrounds ( what kid doesn't )

The fireworks didn't disappoint. They were perfectly choreographed to music and there were a lot of them!! I don't think Hyrum blinked much. He loved them and clapped or signed "more" during it and at the end. I counted 4 very brief times in the 33 minute display when there wasn't a spark in the sky. Here's a small clip of them and no this is not the finale.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Holly said...

    Looks like so much fun. I can't believe you left Hannah Montana for it though! ;) Oh he is getting so big! (Hyrum that is!) Thanks again for the gift for Jaleigh. It was the only toy she got! She said it was what she "Always wanted" and that it "is perfect but it only does back flips" :) Thanks again and the timing was perfect! :)

  1. ... on July 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM  
  2. Globe Trotters said...

    Hyrum is TOO cute! I love his pictures and his sweet smile.

  3. ... on July 16, 2008 at 6:29 AM  
  4. Nikki said...

    Fun times!! What a handsome little man Hyrum is. Happy 4th- and Happy Birthday to Derek.

  5. ... on July 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM  
  6. Angie said...

    Hyrum is such a cutie!! I can't believe you cut his curls, but he looks like a little man now! Isn't it fun to watch them run around. Owen is finally past the falling down every few feet stage, but he did skin his knee for the first time recently. Oh well. Too cute!

  7. ... on July 18, 2008 at 11:24 AM